A Vibrant Ireland
This Government is committed to strengthening those aspects of our culture which define us as a nation and of which we are rightly proud. The Arts are an integral part of our modern society and we are dedicated to the broadening and deepening of participation in that sector. We will support our national language as a unique part of our identity and heritage. We will continue to invest in sporting facilities and encourage participation among young and old.
- We will undertake a detailed assessment of the GPO complex with a view to locating the Abbey Theatre there in time for the centenary of 1916 Rising.
- We will aim to host one major international arts, culture or creative industry event in Ireland each year up to 2016, beginning, in 2011, with the Dublin Contemporary 2011.
- We will help the economy realise the full potential of the arts in creating employment and economic growth by expanding community arts schemes, provide free physical space for visual artists and community groups to display their work.
- We will ensure that the supports provided by the Film Board are maintained in order to realise the potential of Irish film-making.
- We will produce a 10-year development strategy for the film, TV and content production sector.
- We aim to leverage the support from New York City and State in building a new Irish Arts and Business Centre in New York.
Full text available here